AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

New Automated Z-Games

Chat related to AWBW or FEBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

New Automated Z-Games

Postby Walker » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:46 am

UPDATE: Currently, no FFA or Team games are included in Z-Games.

The automated Z-Games are currently run by Duelstriker.

July 2012 Z-Games Maps

FFA Maps

Z-Games Information:

What are Z-Games?

What type of games are there?

Can my maps be used for Z-games?

How often do you update the maps?
Last edited by Walker on Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 25 times in total.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Re: New Z-Games

Postby blanci1 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:15 pm

Yeah good idea .. until we can get the auto Zs back up.
Theres quite a lot of these "24.7" and "Zz 24.7" games, presumably so as not to have to keep making up games every day manually. Thats fine and very helpful i think for newbs and also lazy people (like me) ... sometimes i just make a balls-up when creating a game, i forget to set fog, or i forget to choose a CO, so having games made-up is quite nice and its so easy just to join. Someone please give walker a heavy medal for all he s doing around here. He s doing stuff faster than i can even pass comment !

One detail.
The usual user-created games ideally need to be at the top of "public waiting" so these guys get a good chance of people seeing them and joining their personal games. So i think the "Zz..24.7" is the best way to go here, rather than the 24.7s.

And if we get the auto Z back running it might be nice to get the created date into the gamename like walker s got. This can help us see which maps are popular and which are hanging around.

"Free" Map Testing !
Actually anyone who has a special map they want other people to test or play on, could similarly create a public game and do the drop-out thingy. Of course, like walkers Zz24.7s , you had best put a comment on the create gamepage so people know whats going on. (oh...and users, esp newbs, should probably limit their number .. no-one wants any map spamming wars!)
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Walker » Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:50 am

Yes, I made about 30 games in total to start. Making the games is the longest part, but it's easier if I can do it in bunches, so that's what I did. I will try to keep about 10 games available at a time in there once it gets moving.

I'm also saving the preferences I'm using to create the games, so it will not be very hard for me to make more on a certain map, etc. It really isn't all that much work.

I started off using the format "date - Map Name (settings)" for the games. Then I realized after a few that it would be best if they were at the bottom so I started adding the Zz. :wink: Also, the auto-z games did have the date in there if I remember correctly.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Black Mont-Blanc » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:02 am

Before bot program editor had good map choice sense.
I don't know whose create that program...
But it also had very bad CO list.

All, high, normal, low etc...
You should create more program.
It is very wonderful thing for AWBW and many player's practice.
Black Mont-Blanc
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Walker » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:37 am

The nice thing about my system right now is that I have a lot of control of the games. So if a game hasn't been joined for 1 week, I can delete it. If someone joins a game and then never comes back to the site, I can drop them before it starts.

So there won't be any problems with old games clogging up the waiting games list, and I can in some cases prevent those day 1 boot games that you encounter a lot in these sort of games.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Azzaphox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:43 am

good idea.

do you include any team games too?

(yeah i know i am lazy, i could do it myself too - except team is fractionally harder to organise)
More Strategy, less Real Time
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:48 am

No, I haven't included any team games. The old Z-games did not have team games, so I won't either.

Team maps are best organized individually anyways, because one person being inactive is worse for a team game than a 1 vs 1 game. And there tend to be a lot of newbs who join the public waiting games and then are never seen again...
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:22 am

Just an update. After the first week, it looks like the new Z-games are pretty successful. I estimate that I have started about 50 games. I am trying to keep between 20 and 30 games in the Public room too, so there is a good variety of maps to play on at all times.

I also edited the first post to include my system for which maps I'm using. Would you guys like it if I posted a list of which maps I have for the current month? It would not be much trouble, but I'm not going to bother making it public if no one really cares.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby funwes » Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm

I'd like to know what maps there are, if you don't mind
Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

Postby Walker » Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:56 pm

I don't mind at all. I added it to the first post, and I will update it when it changes.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:59 am

With the amount of games I'm making each day, I decided that my list of 24 maps isn't quite enough. I added another 15 maps for this month, and I might draw from maps from previous months too for additional variety. The first post has been updated to reflect the changes.

Edit: I also made the first post look prettier.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Update: I made a new account for the Z-Games. So now they'll be made under the name "Walker (Z)". This is so that when I go on vacation, I can just give the account name and password to someone so that they can keep it going (without having access to all of the maps on my walkerboh account haha).
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Walker » Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:56 pm

The list of maps for the September Z-Games has been added to the first post.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby wareagle » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:49 pm

Some very nice maps this month, i'll probably join a good few of these.
wareagle
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby Razorflamekun » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:49 am

Think you could add the map I created to the list of maps for this month? I definitely think that my map is good enough to be added to your list :)
Razorflamekun
Infantry
Infantry

Next

Return to AWBW/FEBW Chat