AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The "Oh no I got an horrible CO and I'm against someone

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Postby psycho guy » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:23 am

why do we still have weather and fog lol
psycho guy
CO
CO

Postby Harti » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:16 am

psycho guy wrote:why do we still have weather and fog lol

Did u leave because u hoped this would get fixed in the meantime? :lol:
The IRC wrote:[23:17] <Glenstorm> I'm just a jerk
[23:17] <Glenstorm> why do you listen to me
[00:39] <Smacky> I think loli should be illegal
[00:39] <Smacky> and star craft
[21:22] <airob> i´ll brb in some minutes...i´m doing some pies
[21:22] <airob> :P
Harti
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Sancho » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:13 am

http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=121450

This would be tough against anyone, but fdkanns is one of the best players I've played since joining. This is as good as a loss. -_-;;
Sancho
Infantry
Infantry

Postby Walker » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

Sancho wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=121450

This would be tough against anyone, but fdkanns is one of the best players I've played since joining. This is as good as a loss. -_-;;

Wait you mean jess isn't as good as sami on small maps in fog? :P You better watch that HQ.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Sancho » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:43 pm

Sancho wrote:http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=121450

I actually won this match. By spamming recons at the start I managed to drag the fight into a tank battle, in which Jess performed admirably. The low amount of factories meant fdkanns could never get as many infantry and mechs in play as he'd like. Furthermore, I felt the com towers benefited Jess more than Sami too; just one tower made my directs as strong as Max, but with powered-up indirects instead of nerfed ones.
Sancho
Infantry
Infantry

Re: The "Oh no I got an horrible CO and I'm against someone

Postby xxwolfwoodxx1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:12 pm

flak vs sasha (on strategos), didn't help that it was my first game ever XD the other player was way better than me anyways DX
xxwolfwoodxx1
Infantry
Infantry

Learn to fight hard

Postby blanci1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:20 pm

xxwolfwoodxx1 wrote:flak vs sasha (on strategos), didn't help that it was my first game ever XD the other player was way better than me anyways DX

Never mind the CO.....
you didnt capture the neutral factory quick enough !! and you didnt capture cities quickly enough....
dont worry thats normal when you are beginning....

My attitude is that having an inferior CO gives a good excuse to really push to the limit and get the maximum out of the CO ... because it doesnt matter if you lose with an inferior CO ! ...
well apart from points, but another day you ll get the good CO. Meantime its a good learning opportunity.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Re: Learn to fight hard

Postby xushu » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm

blanci1 wrote:My attitude is that having an inferior CO gives a good excuse to really push to the limit and get the maximum out of the CO ... because it doesnt matter if you lose with an inferior CO ! ...
well apart from points, but another day you ll get the good CO. Meantime its a good learning opportunity.

I concur; I am in a game at the moment Sonja (me) versus Von Bolt in Rain/FoW. I am not good at Sonja off cart, so I am not so concerned about winning the match as much as teaching myself how I can better use her-situationally, of course, with Rain, but you know what I mean.

I look at the leagues as a fun exercise. The moment the game becomes stale, or unentertaining, I resign/draw/demolish who I am playing. ^_^
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi
xushu
Tank
Tank

Previous

Return to AWBW Leagues