AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

OOC Chat

The second attempt at a Call of Cthulhu RPG Campaign

Moderators: freakyaliendude, Glenstorm, Forum Mods

OOC Chat

Postby amarriner » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:20 am

This thread is for random Out of Character chatter that doesn't belong in the other threads...
The detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods -- the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: OOC Chat

Postby amarriner » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 am

Looking good. We have 2/5 of the characters started. Once we get them all we can begin! Let me know if you have any questions.
The detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods -- the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Autumn Storm » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:56 pm

What year is this set in? I don't remember seeing the specific year anywhere, though sorry if it is out there somewhere.
Autumn Storm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 am

I haven't decided on a specific year yet. It'll be in the 1920's though. Probably 1925-ish.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wrathleader » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:24 am

I don't know if this is the place for this or not, but... Hey Roux, is Alice a student of mine? It is entirely your choice. I just thought it was interesting that your profession is a student and mine is a Professor... anyway, food for thought.
thougar wrote:
...how the hell did you find my msn?! :shock:

EDI:T... oh wait, the button :?
Wrathleader
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby YukiKitsune » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:56 am

I am going to try to create a maid skill set. :D
YukiKitsune
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Autumn Storm » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:39 pm

She certainly could be!

Though CoC doesn't seem to have Student for a profession, so I'm a bit stuck on creating my character at the moment. I was thinking that she would be medium to well versed in things like Geology, numbers, science, literature and other things that you would find in someone attending their schooling.

Edit: Nevermind, I got some help in choosing how she would work. Thanks Glen :D
Last edited by Autumn Storm on Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Autumn Storm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:31 pm

Alright, we're going to get started very soon. I'll probably have the first thread up tomorrow. I just need a character name from YukiKitsune, and I have to decide on a way to get you all into a group (unless you want me to just fudge that and assume you all know one another).
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YukiKitsune » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:25 pm

Name coming up!

Also I'm Rouxs maid.
YukiKitsune
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby amarriner » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Alright so here's what I suggest. I don't think it's a stretch to think that the History Professor and the Parapsychologist know each other. Perhaps the Parapsychologist used to teach at the University at some point and they met there. I also think that the student could easily be linked to them as well (and by inference, the maid, too). In fact, perhaps there's a club at the University in which they're all involved in that relates in someway to occult dealings.

Glen's character is probably not likely to be in with that group at the beginning, but as part of the first thread I'll have his character and the other group meet up.

Anyone have an issue with this?
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wrathleader » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Nope, and in fact the Parapsychologist is the one who interested Alfred in the Occult. And It would work for the Parapsychologist accompanied Alfred to Arkham to help explore the library. If that is agreeable with everybody.
thougar wrote:
...how the hell did you find my msn?! :shock:

EDI:T... oh wait, the button :?
Wrathleader
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby Autumn Storm » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:02 pm

I'm really fine with whatever. A student may meet many of her professor's friends in their time of education.
Autumn Storm
CO
CO

Postby Glenstorm » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:35 pm

It'd probably make sense to bring me in as some muscle, since I'm the most proficient with a firearm.
Glenstorm
CO
CO

DoR Friend Code: 081728 - 768873

Postby amarriner » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:44 pm

You'll all be brought in at the same time. Just glen's character won't know the others initially.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glenstorm » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:07 pm

Sounds good, let's get crackin'!
Glenstorm
CO
CO

DoR Friend Code: 081728 - 768873

Next

Return to Call of Cthulhu Campaign - Miskatonic Valley