AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

IC Scene 1: St. Mary's Hospital

The second attempt at a Call of Cthulhu RPG Campaign

Moderators: freakyaliendude, Glenstorm, Forum Mods

Re: IC Scene 1: St. Mary's Hospital

Postby Glenstorm » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:46 pm

Quickly disguising her countenance of exasperation, Vanessa accepts the metal box. Don't worry Rupert, I will go take care of this right away. I will be back soon so that you can rest easy knowing this, ah, presence has been taken care of. Giving Rupert's shoulder a quick squeeze, she turns to leave the room, motioning the others to follow. Come, we should not keep him from his family.

Once the group was outside (and Mr. Merryweather's family back inside), Vanessa turns to the others and says The regrets of an old, superstitious man. Don't feel obligated to accompany me, most likely that barn contains nothing of interest - but how could I turn down the dying request of an old friend. However, I'm sure you're all very curious about what's in this box, so why don't we take a look. With that, she opens the metal box.
Glenstorm
CO
CO

DoR Friend Code: 081728 - 768873

Postby Wrathleader » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:22 pm

I too am interested in the contents of that box. I hope if Mr. Merryweather is not mistaken in his judgement, then it contains information on the demon itself. If we know the type of demon, then it is possible to discover how to banish it. States the doctor as he closes the door behind Agnes and Rupert. I will most certainly accompany you to the farm house, and my automobile is at your command.
thougar wrote:
...how the hell did you find my msn?! :shock:

EDI:T... oh wait, the button :?
Wrathleader
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby Autumn Storm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:06 am

Alice gave a glance back at the door while the other two exchanged pleasantries. The old man had started talking about some supernatural hooey that made next to no sense what so ever; a barn trapping a powerful creature. What a load.

At any rate she was intrigued as to the contents of the metal box being opened. Standing on tip-toe, she looked inside.
Autumn Storm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:11 am

Just as Vanessa is about to open the box, Agnes--who was siting on a bench just outside the room--looks up and then back towards room 315 and says, Rupert. Almost as if in answer she and the group hear an awful coughing, choking sound coming from the room. She rushes back into the room and as the door swings open, the group can see that Rupert is having violent spasms and coughing up large amounts of blood that now covers much of the area around him.

Help! Please help us! Screams Agnes. Someone, please!

At her shouts, nurses, orderlies and doctors pile into the room and begin working on Rupert. Dr. Danford is one of the last ones to go in and upon seeing the group says, Please wait out here, there's nothing you can do in there. You'd only be in the way, and heads in.

As there's not much else that can be done, after things settle down in the hallway, Vanessa proceeds to open the box. Inside are what looks like a deed, a key, a leather bound journal and a small sarcophagus-shaped gold box. On the outside of the ornate box are some kind of hieroglyphs or symbols--inside are another set of symbols that look completely different from the outside set. The smaller box is empty.

Everyone make a History x2 roll and an Occult roll.
The detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods -- the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glenstorm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:58 pm

Vanessa is about to barrel back into Rupert's room before being stopped by Doctor Shipton. With nothing else to take her mind off the situation at hand, she buries herself in the box's secrets.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2905605/

History x2 (Target 40) : 91
Occult (Target 30) : 28
Glenstorm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Vanessa can't tell what the glyphs on the inside of the box mean, but she seems to recall they look very similar to markings that some occult circles attribute to the lost continent of Mu which was rumored to be in the Pacific ocean.

Generally, anytime you pass a skill check during the game, you should place an x (or some other indication, maybe change the color) of that skill on your character sheet. Those skill marked in that way will be eligible for increase after this adventure. You can feel free to mark any success you have (only once per skill) unless I say otherwise. Since the History roll is x2, don't mark that one if you succeed, but successful Occult rolls should be marked.
The detestable pounding and piping whereunto dance slowly, awkwardly, and absurdly the gigantic, tenebrous ultimate gods -- the blind, voiceless, mindless gargoyles whose soul is Nyarlathotep.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby YukiKitsune » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:07 pm

Standing behind Miss Arcuri, Melissa took a peak at the boxes contents.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2905904/

History x2 (40): 77
Occult (05): 02
YukiKitsune
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Autumn Storm » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:03 pm

The contents of the box held no meaning to Alice. She looked up to the girl holding the box, hoping for some sort of explanation.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2906009/
History x2 (40): 41
Occult (05): 19
Autumn Storm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Melissa has the same inclination as Vanessa. Something about the odd symbols on the small sarcophagus-shaped box reminds her of something she read or heard about Mu. Like Vanessa she cannot understand them at all.

Alice can't make heads or tails of either sets of symbols on the box.

Just to be clear, there are two boxes. One bigger box that is just plain metal (assume tin, I suppose) with no markings. This larger box contains a deed, a key, a journal, and this smaller more ornate sarcophagus-shaped box. The smaller box has symbols on the outside and the inside that seem to be quite different in nature. No one has yet been able to identify where the outside symbols might come from. Those passing occult rolls think the inside symbols are in some way related to the lost continent of Mu.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wrathleader » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:35 pm

Alfred peers into the box at the smaller sarcophagus shaped box. Hmm, I do believe I have seen something like this before.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2907416/

History x2 (150): 90

Occult (25): 17

Edit: used the wrong color for OOC chat.
thougar wrote:

Wrathleader
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby amarriner » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Alfred, too, sees a resemblance to the lost continent of Mu in the symbols on the inside. The outside symbols he recognizes as obvious Egyptian hieroglyphics. Probably related to the Ninth Dynasty.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Glenstorm » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:29 am

Vanessa wordlessly picks up the journal and reads through it, ignoring the mummy box with the superstitious markings on it.
Glenstorm
CO
CO

Postby amarriner » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:50 am

The journal appears to contain many entries having to do with Rupert and his group's doings at the farmhouse in Ross's Corners. Flipping through it, Vanessa thinks it would take a few hours to read through the book in its entirety.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wrathleader » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 pm

Alfred looks in the box, searching for an address of the old farmhouse. He picks up the deed to see if it is the deed for the Farmhouse.
thougar wrote:

Wrathleader
B-Copter
B-Copter

Postby amarriner » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:43 pm

The deed is definitely to the farmhouse Rupert mentioned. It's listed as being in Ross's Corners without a specific address, oddly enough, but Ross's Corners is so small it shouldn't be difficult to find.
amarriner
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Call of Cthulhu Campaign - Miskatonic Valley