AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Recommended bans in map comments

Critique and discuss the design maps on AWBW

Moderator: Forum Mods

Recommended bans in map comments

Postby ichbinsehselber » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:02 am

It would be nice if map designers could give the recommended bans (units and COs) in the map comments. It seems to be done only for very few maps.

Ok, I can see that map designers are already doing a lot for us AWBW players. And it might sound unfair to ask for more.
So just ignore my comment if you are too busy.

On the other hand map designers may already have an idea with which CO the map could well be played...
ichbinsehselber
Tank
Tank

Re: Recommended bans in map comments

Postby funwes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:46 pm

I personally think it's better design practice to know what COs are going to be good on your maps, and listing how they might be powerful in your explaining first comment.
Code: Select all
Mr--Clean> that moment when you put something in your mouth and you have NO idea what it is and spit it out

Code: Select all
Walker> i was innocent once
Walker> then loli came along
funwes
CO
CO

other stuff too in map comments

Postby blanci1 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:31 pm

I would like to sometimes see a discussion of the map theme and title . Its nice to be able to remember a map just from its name. For example "Forked Passage" http://awbw.amarriner.com/prevmaps.php?maps_id=48774 ... i cant really see any prominent fork... perhaps forked passages (plural) might work better.

Also occasionally people use unusual balance/fta counter... and a discussion would be nice.
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Return to Design Maps