AW/FE by Web

AWBW/FEBW Forum
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Leaving leagues

Discussion about AWBW Leagues goes here.

Moderator: Forum Mods

Leaving leagues

Postby Azzaphox » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:42 am

I know you have to press the 'leave league' button, but when does the league stop putting games up for you?

I tried to leave all the leagues, but I am still being served games - should I just wait a bit longer?
More Strategy, less Real Time
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Re: Leaving leagues

Postby Walker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:52 am

It doesn't look like you actually dropped out of any of them Azza. Your name is not crossed off in the Tag League at least, like it would be if you weren't receiving games.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Abroxas » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:17 am

If you manually leave a league, your name disappears completely from the division lists. There is not even a crossed out entry. Have you tried leaving league while you are not currently involved in a league game?
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Azzaphox » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:28 am

um no i tried to leave all of them, but i still have games running.

so it shows me as present, but also the 'join this league' link is active.

let me have a go at resigning from all my league games too.
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Postby ichbinsehselber » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:35 am

The people who are crossed out have not left the league. They have just asked that no more games to be created for them. This works well for me. You can get back anytime later without losing your score.

In a particular league click your own name
Then under the text "Allow League Games to be Created for you:" There is a checkbox. Set this checkbox to off and you will not get any new games in this particular league after you press "update info".
Then you can check that you have been crossed out in the league.
ichbinsehselber
Tank
Tank

Postby Abroxas » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:33 am

The people who are crossed out have not left the league. They have just asked that no more games to be created for them. This works well for me. You can get back anytime later without losing your score.

I've left the official league and rejoined it recently. My score is still intact.
If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
Abroxas
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:19 am

Yeah, your rating is kept in any case. There is a bug though where people who drop out and rejoin get inflated ratings... The ratings are honestly fairly meaningless because of this.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby fdkanns » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:05 pm

yep ratings are meaningless and confusing.
How else could my ratings be so high..... :roll:
fdkanns
Anti-Air
Anti-Air

Postby blanci1 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:40 pm

walkerboh01 wrote:Yeah, your rating is kept in any case. There is a bug though where people who drop out and rejoin get inflated ratings... The ratings are honestly fairly meaningless because of this.

what ! ? thats a new one ! How come walker seems to know like absolutely everything around here? and hey, why arent you busy learning german? dont say you re already fluent :lol:
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Walker » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:51 pm

Haha you crack me up blanci. :lol: When you've read as many of the threads around here as I have, you tend to learn some interesting things. And when you talk to old members, you learn even more! Also, if you want evidence of how the ratings get inflated, just check out fdkanns rating in a couple leagues. I know it's at like 1900 in one league! :shock: And he's good, but that's impossible good haha.

I won't say that I'm fluent in German, but only because you asked nicely! I'm getting there though. I generally find enough time at work and have enough internet to waste at night to check in around here a bit. If I left AWBW for an extended period, I'm pretty sure i"d go through withdrawals anyways.
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby ichbinsehselber » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:15 am

Rating inflation works like this:
New Rating=800+win*20-loss*20
Here all wins and losses count the same (even boot wins and boot losses)

Without rejoining each win and loss is modified by the difference of your rating and the opponents rating. This system would be nice if it was not for the inflation issue.
ichbinsehselber
Tank
Tank

Postby blanci1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:48 am

@ ichbin.. thnx, but dont quite understand that? what s ithe complete formula using the opponents rating? if anyone knows. And what is the formula or someone leaving and re-entering league?
blanci1
Artillery
Artillery

Postby Divva » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 am

i used to leave leagues by booting. and i lost quite a lot of scores T T
Divva
Map Committee
Map Committee

Postby Azzaphox » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:54 pm

no sorry.

i am still being served league games like this one: http://awbw.amarriner.com/game.php?games_id=149214

i really would like to leave the leagues, but i cannot find the button to do so.

sorry but it is not where people have suggested.
Azzaphox
Tank
Tank

Postby Walker » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Did you already tell it to stop serving you games? You do that by clicking your username on the league page. On that page, there should be a check box in the upper right-hand corner that says something like "Create games for me". Is that unchecked?

Once you check that box, the league will cross your name off and not make any more games for you. Then you should also be able to select "Drop Out" on the main scoreboard page of the league.

If you've already done all of this, then I'm not sure what the problem could be...
Walker
Map Committee
Map Committee

Next

Return to AWBW Leagues